- Waste are things that we no longer use and would throw away.
- Waste may include materials such as old magazines, old newspapers, boxes, glasses and plastic bottles, metal containers and food residues.
- Food and plants are throw away are known as organic waste.
- We can find these waste from markets and food stalls.
- Chemical waste can come from agriculture, factories and our home.
- Smoke from the burning of fuel in factories and vehicles are waste that are let out into atmosphere.
- The amount of waste produced by human activities is increasing.
- In some places, the local authorities will provide proper facilities to dispose of the waste.
- We should play our parts to make sure we use the proper ways of disposing of waste.
- Use the bins provided by the local authority to throw our waste.
- It is a good habit to sort our waste into different types before throwing them away.
- Chemical waste can be put into special containers and disposed of appropriately.
Friday, 14 December 2012
Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Like animal, plants living in the same habitat have to complete for the same factors in order to survive.
- Plants need water, carbon dioxide, sunlight and nutrient to make food.
- Plants get water and nutrient from the soil.
- If there are too many plants growing in the same area, the place will be overcrowded.
- They complete for sunlight, water, nutrient and space.
- Competition can occur among plants of the same species or of different species.
- When competition occurs, the plants that receive enough water, nutrient and sunlight grow better and healthier.
- Weaker plants may become stunted, wilted or die.
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
- A fast moving vehicle takes a shorter time to reach its destination.
- A slower moving vehicle will take a longer time to travel the same distance.
- We can measure how fast or slow an object moves.
- This measurement is called speed.
- What is speed ? Speed involves distance and time.
- If we know the distance travelled and the time taken, speed can be calculated using the formula : speed = distance/ time
Saturday, 17 November 2012
My Trip to Science Museum Kedah
- 30.09.2012 ( Sunday)my school have a trip to Science Museum in Kedah with my student.
- This is 2 of 1 Science Museum in our country, another one is Science Museum Kuala Lumpur.
- Science Museum Kedah have many interest thing about Science and make us understand many knowledge about Science.
- After this trip, my student more interested in learning Science.
- Let us see something we can meet in this Science Museum Kedah:
Wednesday, 7 November 2012
Machines Part 2
- Some tools of devices use more than one simple machine, such as scissors.
- A tool or device that has more than one simple machine is a complex machine.
- Example :
|Step Ladder - Inclined plane, Screw|
|Mechanical pencil sharpener - Wedge, wheel and axle|
|Puncher - Lever, wedge, screw|
|Scissors - Wedge, lever, screw|
- By using the simple machine or complex machine, can help us to do a lot of work and easy.
- Such as :
|They use a pair of scissors to cut the paper to make the card .|
Sunday, 28 October 2012
What is Machine ?
- A machine is any tool or device that enables us to do work easily, quickly and conveniently.
- Do you know what is the Machine is he use ? That is one of the complex machines.
- Do you know how the complex machines made it ? They made of the simple machines.
- A simple machine is a tool that allows us to use less force to do work.
- These are seven types of simple machines, that are inclined planed, screw, gear, pulley, lever, wedge and wheel and axle.
Sunday, 14 October 2012
What is Force ?
- All actions involve pushes and pulls.
- Pushes and pulls are forces.
- A push is an action of moving an object away.
- A pull is an action of bringing an object towards us or in the direction we are moving.
- Expect activity of force :
- The boy slides down because there is a force pulling him.
- A man needs to pull the fishing rod to get the fish out of the water.
- The roundabout rotates when being pushed.
- The girl on the swing moves forward and then upwards when given a push.
- The girl shoot the ball because there is a force pulling the ball.