- Like animal, plants living in the same habitat have to complete for the same factors in order to survive.
- Plants need water, carbon dioxide, sunlight and nutrient to make food.
- Plants get water and nutrient from the soil.
- If there are too many plants growing in the same area, the place will be overcrowded.
- They complete for sunlight, water, nutrient and space.
- Competition can occur among plants of the same species or of different species.
- When competition occurs, the plants that receive enough water, nutrient and sunlight grow better and healthier.
- Weaker plants may become stunted, wilted or die.
Thursday, 13 December 2012